Vivekananda Degree College for Women was started in the year 2006, by Janatha Education Society managed by eminent individuals who have excelled in various fields and totally committed for the cause of providing good education & all round development of students. The society was registered in 1972 by 12 promoters from various walks of life. Today we have 140 life members in our society and it is limited to only 140. A life member can nominate one of his/her legal heirs as life member after his/her time as per our byelaw.
“To provide valuable education to girl students for their bright future and make effective Contributions for society”, the Vision of the institution and “To Impact on ethical Values for the holistic development of the students and to make them responsible, committed and sensitive around the social phenomenon. The college fosters academic and career success through the development of critical thinking, effective communication, creativity and cultural awareness in a safe, accessible and affordable learning environment.” Is the Mission of the institution enlightens the social commitment of the college management.
- Bridge classes, remedial coaching, coaching classes for entry into service, skill development programs are part of the learning process in this college. College emphasizes inculcation of moral values to the students through various enrichment programs.
- Fee structure of the college is in tune with the Vision and Mission of the college, which is highly economical for lower income group.
- The Placement Cell of the college maintains cordial relationships with various corporate and arranges recruitment drive for the students.
- The college houses a good infrastructure, resources and facilities to support the faculties and students in smooth execution of the teaching, learning and research works.
- College has well equipped classrooms, laboratories, business lab., language lab. College has a library, the library houses internet facility, e-journals, e-books, Xerox facility, INFLIBNET, OPAC, etc. Facilities in the college include Air Conditioned Board Room, Auditorium, Open Air Auditorium, Ladies Waiting Room, Staff Cubicles, Well Equipped Gym, Play Ground, Bank Branch, Canteen, Parking lot, Generator, etc.
STRENGTH OF THE INSTITUTE
- Highly Qualified and Experienced Staff.
- Good interaction among the students, parents and faculties.
- Well-equipped Library and Laboratories.
- Service Oriented College Management.
- Students Aid Fund of the Management.
- Opportunity for Pursuing Higher Education in the same Campus.
- Catering to the needs of rural and economically weaker sections.
- Gratuity Fund created in association with LIC for the benefits of staffs.
- College connecting with all types of transportation networks.
- Emphasis on classroom teaching